What is Noni?
The Noni plant is a small evergreen tree found in the open costal regions at sea level, as well as in forested areas up to 1,300 feet. Noni’s scientific name is ‘Morinda Citrifolia’. It is a member of the Mulberry family and is also sometimes called ‘Indian Mulberry’. The Noni plant happily grows along lava flows and, as you would expect, grows abundantly in Hawaii.
What is the history of Noni?
It is believed that this plant arrived on various Polynesian islands over 1,500 years ago from India. Noni has been a central part of Polynesian traditional medicine. The Hawaiian Kahuna healers considered Noni their most sacred herb and a healer for every conceivable imbalance. Noni Juice is the most well known product made from this miraculous plant.
The fresh Noni fruit must be handled with a lot of love and care to ensure the protection of all the fruit’s nutrients and its efficacy. Healing Noni uses all traditional Hawaiian methods of harvesting and processing the Noni fruit to give you a truly healthy Noni juice.
What are the Noni juice benefits?
There are countless benefits mentioned in the many testimonials we’ve received from our satisfied customers. Gradually, a high percentage of the statements found in the testimonials are being backed up by scientific research. People with long-term chronic diseases sometimes see Noni juice as a last resort. Even though we know that Noni juice seems to have helped many sufferers with their condition, we can only recommend that people start taking Noni as a healthy beverage to supplement their diet. As they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Noni juice benefits can be divided into basically 6 categories:
- Immune booster: Noni is considered one of the most nutritious fruits. Many of its nutrients are known to stimulate the immune system.
- Digestive Stimulant: Noni juice has traditionally been used as a laxative.
- Anti-oxidants: Research has shown that Noni juice exhibits better antioxidant activity than grape seed extract and pycnogenol.
- Analgesic: The Noni tree is also knows as the ‘Painkiller and Headache tree’. Noni has been found to be 75% as effective as morphine sulphate in relieving pain without the toxic side effects.
- Antibacterial, antifungal and antiparasitic: With the presence of active compounds like anthraquinones, scopoletin and terpenes, Noni is effective against bacteria and fungus.
- Anti-inflammatory: Noni juice has shown similar results to the newer over-the-counter anti-inflammatory drugs, called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
- Anti-tumor/ anti-cancerous: Noni juice contains noni-ppt, which has shown anti-tumor activity.
In order to reap all the benefits of Noni juice, it has to be of the highest quality. That’s why we recommend Dr. Lindsey Duncan’s Genesis Pure Noni Juice. We consume a shot a day of noni, sometimes 2 if we feel like it. Give Bryan a call at 484-798-9861 if you have any questions about Noni Juice or if you would like to get the best deal on 100% Pure Noni Juice!
Read about Day 2 in Maui when we first discovered this wonderful plant!
Share questions or comments about Noni below…